Early Childhood K-2
Kindergarten Round-Up for 2020-2021
Virtual Enrollment will be available June 8th - July 3rd and then again from July 22nd - Aug 12th.
Kindergarten Enrollments for the 2020-21 School Year:
- Kindergarten Round-up will be held virtually 6/8-7/3 and then again from 7/22-8/12.
- You will fill out the enrollment packet in Registration Gateway (enroll.burlesonisd.net).
- After filling out the application, you will be asked to schedule an appointment.
- The Registrar for your campus will contact you to complete the process.
- You will need to upload the following documents electronically during the enrollment process. Please have them ready electronically.
- Guardian's driver's license
- Water or Electric Bill
- Lease agreement, if you are renting/leasing
- Student's birth certificate
- Student's shot records
- Student's SS Card (optional)
Kindergarten students must be at least 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2020.
How do I know what school is my home campus? It is the school that your house is zoned for. Go to http://findmyschool.burlesonisd.net/ to find your home campus.
Do I need to buy uniforms for my students? Yes, please reference the information on standard dress colors on your school's web page. https://tinyurl.com/y9muejt2
Do I need to buy school supplies for my student? Yes, please reference the school supply list for your campus of attendance. https://tinyurl.com/y8ypbyfx
If my child is on the waitlist for an elementary school of choice for Kindergarten, what should I do? Enroll at the elementary school that your home is zoned for. Go to http://findmyschool.burlesonisd.net/ to find your home campus. If you get accepted to your school of choice later, we can transfer your enrollment to the new campus.
Is there a “Meet the Teacher” event prior to the start of school?
Yes, campuses will have “Meet the Teacher” prior to the beginning of the school year.
What are the drop off and pick up procedures? Your campus will provide this information.
What are school hours? 7:45am (tardy bell rings) - 3:05pm
K-2 Curriculum Standards
Standards-Based Report Cards for K-1
Issued quarterly (approximately every 9 weeks)
TEA Required Reading Assessment
The state of Texas requires a reading assessment for all K-2 students to be administered three times a year. BISD is currently using MAP Growth Assessment. The assessment data provides information about the percentage of students who are “on target” or “still developing” in foundational skills of reading (such as letters and sounds, phonemic awareness, rhyming, beginning, middle and ending sounds in words, etc.), comprehension, vocabulary, writing, and language. The data also shows growth achieved by the student throughout the year. Using MAP data, along with other assessments, BISD teachers are able to identify students who may have reading difficulties and provide targeted intervention to help students reach grade-level goals.