Amy Perez, Substitute Coordinator 817-245-1037
Burleson ISD recruits substitute teachers year round. You must apply online for the 2023-2024 substitute teacher jobs posting to receive an invitation to the online training and assessment. Substitute teacher online orientation is by invitation only, and selected candidates will receive an invitation via email.
How to Become a Substitute Teacher
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching in our district.
- Complete an online substitute teacher application and APPLY for a substitute position.
- If you are not a certified teacher you must complete STEDI’s Online Substitute Teaching training course per Burleson ISD’s policy on substitute teaching. See additional information below.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will receive an invitation by email to a substitute online training session.
- You will be required to take and pass with a 90% on the online substitute training and assessment through BISD. BISD hires substitute teachers year round.
The following documents will be requested at the time of your interview:
- Two forms of identification to complete the I-9
- Official College Transcript or High School Diploma
- Two reference letters (dated within the last two years)
Burleson ISD Substitute Incentive Program
Starting in January 2024 through May 2024, Burleson Independent School District (ISD) has implemented a substitute incentive program to reward hard-working substitutes for their dedication and commitment to the district. To see how to qualify for the incentives, please click on this link for information.