Burleson ISD has a tradition of providing an excellent education with highly-qualified teachers passionate and dedicated to student success. Burleson ISD has 18 schools serving more than 12,200 students. BISD employs approximately 1,500 staff members with 60% serving as classroom instructional employees.
Burleson ISD Mission Statement
The Mission of the Burleson Independent School District is to engage and support every learner with a rigorous curriculum so they graduate college and career ready.
- We believe in setting high expectations for all.
- We believe in cultivating and sustaining intellectual curiosity.
- We believe each student’s voice is important in the decisions made about their education.
- We believe families matter and deserve the opportunity to be heard and considered.
- We believe in the intentional development of student character and interpersonal skills.
- We believe strong, positive relationships develop engaged students, respectful communities and a sense of belonging.
- We believe in recognizing and nurturing each individual’s strengths and talents.
- We believe in providing students with choices to increase engagement and ownership of their learning.
- We believe in honoring the unique needs of the individual while creating a physically and emotionally safe learning environment.
- We believe that fun is an integral part of the learning process.
- We believe growth occurs through challenge.
Burleson ISD Vision
Burleson Independent School District’s vision is for every learner to graduate with 21st Century problem solving and reasoning skills, ready to embrace their dynamic future.
- Each student will be able to communicate and compete globally.
- Each student will graduate with the ability to showcase and communicate their unique talents and achievements.
- Each student will be able to independently identify a problem, effectively collaborate, and communicate innovative solutions that positively impact society.
- Each student will successfully transition out of high school with the opportunity to earn a debt-free college degree or post-secondary certification.
- We will design an engaging and challenging curriculum that develops each student’s ability to read, write, think, and defend.
- We will provide students with multiple avenues for specialized instruction and opportunities to advance at their own pace.
- We will equip teachers with the resources, training, and time necessary to achieve our strategic objectives.
- We will establish a college-going culture on every BISD campus that intentionally prepares students for future endeavors.
- We will offer educational programs of choice that nurture students’ unique talents and promote global citizenship.
Burleson ISD is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act. If you would like additional assistance or have accessibility concerns, please contact us at WEBMASTER@BISDMAIL.NET or 817-245-1000. We are always striving to improve the accessibility standards of our website.