Burleson ISD pre-kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year begins April 10. Pre-Kindergarten is a voluntary program offered to students who are at least four years of age on or before September 1 of the current year and meet the program qualifications.
Pre-kindergarten will be offered at the Academy of Leadership & Technology at Mound, Brock Elementary, Frazier Elementary, Norwood Environmental Science Academy, and Taylor Elementary.
Parents, register your student online or schedule an in-person appointment by calling 817-245-1052.
Children entering pre-kindergarten must be at least four years old on or before September 1, 2023, AND meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Child has Limited English Proficiency – Language test will take place to determine language proficiency
- Child is economically disadvantaged – Based on a sliding scale of annual income per household member (proof of household income for past 2 months required or a copy of current food stamp letter)
- Child is Homeless – As determined by BISD’s Student Residency Questionnaire
- Child of an active duty, injured, or deceased member of the US military – DOD/VA documentation required
- Child who is in or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services – CPS/court documentation required
- Child of a Star of Texas Awarded parent
Application and Registration
How to apply:
- Complete an online pre-kindergarten application at burlesonisd.schoolmint.net. Once you complete the application, a BISD representative will contact you to assist with the qualification process.
- Once you qualify, you will then complete the enrollment packet at Skyward New Student Online Enrollment. If you currently have a student enrolled in the district, you can log into Skyward Family Access using your current Skyward username and password and select the New Student Registration tab.
- Upon completion of the online enrollment packet, you will complete the registration process with your child’s assigned campus.
The following documents will need to be electronically uploaded during the enrollment process:
- Student's birth certificate
- Social security card (optional)
- Current immunization records
- Proof of residency: Current electric or water bill AND a lease agreement or tax statement with current address
- Parent/Guardian's driver's license or picture ID
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know what school is my home campus?
Which schools in BISD will have Pre-K for the 2023-2024 school year?
If my home campus does not have Pre-K, then where will I attend?
Will my Pre-K child be able to return to their home campus for Kindergarten?
Will Pre-K fill up and not have a seat for my child?