Pre-Kindergarten Registration 2021
Burleson ISD pre-kindergarten online registration begins April 26 - May 21st, 2021 and then again from June 1st- August 27th. The registration process can be completed online.
In-Person Registration Dates:
If you would prefer to register in person, we will be scheduling appointments on the below dates:
- June 7th from 8:30am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-6:00pm
- July 27th from 8:30am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-6:00pm
- August 3rd-5th from 8:30am-3:00pm
Details for scheduling an appointment will be updated soon.
Parents with incoming children who are at least four-years-old on or before September 1, 2021, AND meet one or more of the following criteria are invited to complete pre-kindergarten registration:
- Child has Limited English Proficiency – (Language test will be given when face-to-face interaction is permitted)
- Child is Economically Disadvantaged – Based on a sliding scale of annual income per household member (proof of household income for past 2 months required or a copy of current Food Stamp letter)
- Child is Homeless – (as determined by BISD’s Student Residency Questionnaire)
- Child of an active duty, injured or deceased member of the US military – (DOD/VA documentation required)
- Child who is in or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services- (CPS/court documentation required)
- Child of a Star of Texas Awarded parent
Application and Registration:
How to apply:
- Step 1:
- Complete an online pre-kindergarten application at burlesonisd.schoolmint.net. Once you complete the application, a BISD representative will contact you to assist with the qualification process.
- Step 2:
- Once you have been qualified, you will then complete the enrollment packet at enroll.burlesonisd.net.
- Step 3:
- Upon completion of the online enrollment packet, you will complete the process with your child’s campus.
**Please have the following documents ready electronically to upload during the enrollment process:
- Guardian's driver's license
- Water or Electric Bill
- Lease agreement, if you are renting/leasing
- Student's birth certificate
- Student's shot records
- Student's SS Card (optional)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know what school is my home campus?
It is the school that your house is zoned for. Go to HTTP://FINDMYSCHOOL.BURLESONISD.NET/ to find your home campus however not all elementary campuses have a PreK program.
What schools in BISD will have Pre-K 2021-2022 school year?
Brock, Frazier, Mound, Norwood and Taylor
If my home campus does not have Pre-K, then where will I attend?
BISD staff will assign students to campuses based on enrollment numbers and proximity to the home campus.
Will my Pre-K child be able to return to their home campus for Kindergarten?
Yes, all students will return to their home campus at the end of the year since Kindergarten is offered on all BISD campuses.
Will Pre-K fill up and not have a seat for my child?
No, every child in BISD who qualifies will have a spot for Pre-K.
Should I complete the PreK online application prior to coming to my in person appointment?
While it is not required to have the PreK Schoolmint application complete before your appointment time, it will speed up your registration process. There will be Chromebooks available to fill out the application at the registration site.