Burleson ISD offers a full-day Pre-Kindergarten program for qualified applicants.
Who can qualify?
Children who are at least four (4) years of age on or before September 1st
AND must meet one of the following criteria:
- Child has Limited English Proficiency – (Language test will be given when face to face interaction is permitted)
- Child is Economically Disadvantaged – Based on a sliding scale of annual income per household member (proof of household income for past 2 months required or a copy of current Food Stamp letter)
- Child is Homeless – (as determined by BISD’s Student Residency Questionnaire)
- Child of an active duty, injured or deceased member of the US military – (DOD/VA documentation required)
- Child who is in or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services- (CPS/court documentation required)
- Child of a Star of Texas Awarded parent
How do I apply?
Pre-Kindergarten Enrollments for the 2020-21 School Year:
- Fill out an online PK application. To do so, go to burlesonisd.schoolmint.net. Once you complete the application, you will be contacted by a BISD representative to assist you with the qualification process.
- Once you have been qualified, you will fill out the enrollment packet in Registration Gateway at enroll.burlesonisd.net.
- For free and reduced lunch application information, visit BISD Child Nutrition.
- When you complete the enrollment packet, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment with your campus registrar.
- The registrar for your campus will contact you to complete the process.
- You will need to upload the following documents electronically during the enrollment process. Please have them ready electronically.
- Guardian's driver's license
- Water or Electric Bill
- Lease agreement, if you are renting/leasing
- Student's birth certificate
- Student's shot records
- Student's SS Card (optional)
How do I know what school is my home campus?
It is the school that your house is zoned for. Go to HTTP://FINDMYSCHOOL.BURLESONISD.NET/ to find your home campus.
What schools in BISD will have Pre-K 2020-2021 school year?
Brock, Frazier, Mound, Norwood and Taylor
If my home campus does not have Pre-K, then where will I attend?
BISD staff will assign students to campuses based on enrollment numbers and proximity to the home campus.
Will my Pre-K child be able to return to their home campus for Kindergarten?
Yes, all students will return to their home campus at the end of the year since Kindergarten is offered on all BISD campuses.
Will Pre-K fill up and not have a seat for my child?
No, every child in BISD who qualifies will have a spot for Pre-K.