Who we are:
The Maintenance Department's Crew averages 37 employees. We maintain 17 campuses, an Administration building, the Transportation complex, the BISD Stadium, and the Ag facility.
The following is just a sample of what we do.
- Our Ground's Crew mows, weed-eats, and trims approximately 612.841 acres.
- Our Delivery man delivers 1,760 cases of paper to the campuses.
- Our Electricians maintain 320 light poles and approximately 22,761 light fixtures.
- Our HVAC and PM Technicians maintain 1,445 HVAC Units and 15 commercial kitchens.
- Our In-house IPM technician treats athletic fields and around the buildings.
- Our Locksmith maintains over 2,500 locks and keeps the key inventory of all staff.
- Our Painters use over 1,895 gallons of paint each year.
- Our Plumbers maintain 920 Restrooms - that’s 1079 toilets and 320 urinals.
The Maintenance Crew consists of the following:
2-Athletic Fieldsmen 2-Bus Drivers 1-Delivery Man
2-Carpenters 2-Electricians 2-General Handymen
10-Groundsmen 1-Grounds Supervisor 2-HVAC Techs
1-IPM Technician 1-Irrigation Technician 1-Locksmith
2-Painters 2-Plant Operators 3-Plumbers
2-Preventive Maint. Techs 1-Supervisor
The goal of the Maintenance department is to assign, assess, and respond to work orders in an efficient and prompt manner. Therefore, the timeliness of entering work requests is critical in achieving the desired output. We strive to practice this principle in handling all preventive maintenance, scheduled, and emergency-based work orders.
- Preventive Maintenance - work orders that recur monthly, quarterly or yearly (inspections, routine cleaning, etc.)
- Scheduled - work orders that are entered and assigned in advance of the completion date or event.
- Emergency - work orders that are specific to an emergency situation (natural disaster, power outage, etc.)
When scheduling work to be completed during the summer months, work orders are requested by each campus/department at least three months in advance to better prepare for summer workload distribution. A work order submitted after the deadline is subject to a substantial delay in completion.
Our Work Order System
We use SchoolDude as our online work order management system. This program is used to submit and track work orders and facility use requests. We document all cost and labor hours on every work order before closing it out.
Our philosophy is to develop a good Proactive Maintenance Plan. Over time, our goal is to have our Preventive work orders outnumber our Reactive Work orders. A routine Preventive Maintenance Plan will increase the lifespan of our equipment and eventually reduce the operating costs for the District.