BISD Counseling Services
BISD's Guidance & Counseling program provides services to fully develop each student’s academic, career, personal and social abilities.
The Professional School Counselor:
- Is a certified, specially trained, professional educator.
- Has at least two to three years of successful teaching experience.
- Has a Masters Degree and counseling certification.
- Is committed to providing a comprehensive, developmental guidance program for all students.
- Is a motivator, facilitator, teacher, guide, coordinator, resource, liaison, advocate, coach, encourager, and a person who assists students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
The Comprehensive, Developmental Guidance and Counseling Program provides a systematic approach to helping students acquire and apply basic life skills by through the special knowledge and skills of school counselors. The four components that comprise this Model are:
- Guidance Curriculum to develop awareness, skill development, and application of the skills needed in everyday life.
- Responsive Services addresses the immediate concerns of students.
- Individual Planning assists students in monitoring and understanding their own development in areas of education, career, and personal/social, usually through the development of academic and career plans.
- System Support includes program and staff support activities and services.
Counselors provide services in the areas of character education, bullying prevention, anger management, self-esteem, substance abuse prevention, violence prevention, graduation planning, and postsecondary readiness including higher education and financial aid.
Students see their counselor by referral from:
College Readiness Coordinators at Burleson High School and Centennial High School provide additional resources and advising for students. They are available for information about Advanced Placement, dual credit/dual enrollment, college admissions, financial aid/scholarships, and all other activities related to preparing for students' postsecondary goals. Additionally, they coordinate the campus GoCenters. GoCenters operate through a partnership with the University of Texas at Arlington to provide college mentors who help high school students navigate the college exploration and admissions process.
Counseling Staff Directory
- Burleson Collegiate High School
- Burleson High School
- Clinkscale Elementary
- Game Development Design School
- Hajek Elementary
- Kerr Middle School
- Taylor Elementary
- Cindy Alley
- Karen Blandino
- Debi Blevins
- Patricia Bush
- Emily Cinque
- Felicity Coronado
- Stephanie Davis
- Jacob Funk
- Orimar Garcia
- Jason Hahn
- Tisha Harrison
- Natalee Higgins
- Kaitlin Houk
- Margaret Kelly
- Jennifer Kirkpatrick
- Tynisha Lane
- Abbey Mar
- Sheri McCrory
- Debbie McDonald
- Amy Neal
Friends for Life Hotline
Have a friend in need? Is someone the target of violence or bullying? Did you see or hear something? Say something! Make an anonymous call and get them help! It's okay to help a friend.
MANDATORY GUIDANCE LESSONS
COLLEGE, CAREER & MILITARY READINESS
Burleson ISD is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act. If you would like additional assistance or have accessibility concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 817-245-1000. We are always striving to improve the accessibility standards of our website.