We feel that attendance at BISD is extremely important to your child’s success at school. They must be here to learn! There are also important health reasons for keeping your child home from school. These helpful guidelines should be used to determine when your child should stay home from school due to illness:
Should I keep my child home?
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher in the past 24 hours- Your child needs to be free of fever for a full 24 hours without the help of fever reducing medications (such as Tylenol, Motrin or Fever-All) before sending them back to school.
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- Itchy, red eyes with discharge
- Rash that has fluid or pus coming from it until treatment has been received, and a note from the doctor states that your child may return to school
- Ringworm of the scalp (until treatment has started)
- Head lice (may return after appropriate lice treatment) -Your school nurse will need to check your child’s head before he/she returns to class
We ask that you help us in encouraging your children to wash their hands often, use hand sanitizer, and cover their noses and mouths when they cough or sneeze. It is also helpful for your children to get plenty of sleep and to eat healthy foods-especially breakfast.
The nursing staff will assist you if you have any questions concerning illness or communicability of a disease. We share a common goal – the health, safety, and educational success of your child!