BISD Film Festival
6th Annual BISD Film Festival logo created by Grant Turner, Burleson High School
The Sixth Annual BISD Film Festival will be held on Thursday, January 23, 2020, from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at Kerr Middle School located at 1320 East Hidden Creek Pkwy, Burleson, TX 76028. High school students, if you would like to compete to design this years Film Festival logo, contact your A/V teacher.
This is an annual competition open to all BISD students in the following grade level categories: K-2, 3-5, middle school, and high school. Student groups in these grade-level categories may also participate. Films are requested to be within 2-10 minutes in duration. This year, ALL STUDENTS may pursue their own film theme under Option 1. SECONDARY STUDENTS may also focus on their production and editing skills by participating in Option 2.Option 1 – Students Register at the BISD Film Festival website and select their own theme to address a particular film category (Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation/Claymation, Soundtrack, Music Video, Action/Sports, PSA, Costume, Cinematography, Location, Foreign Film). Then, they submit their 2 to 5-minute film to the Film Festival email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 11:59:59 p.m. on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Option 2 – Post-production story producer and editor.
- Students Register at the BISD Film Festival website
- Students receive links to the finished footage from a series designed by a two-time Emmy Award-winning Videographer on Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- Students have an 8 hour period (8 am to 4 pm) to sort through the footage and edit it into a 2 to 10-minute film on Thursday, January 9, 2020 and submit their film to the Film Festival email (email@example.com) no later than 3:59:59 p.m.
- Students will have the opportunity to help shape the story and tone via voiceover and music because the series will have no dialogue
- During pre-production, students will draft the story concept based on the provided footage so that they are ready to edit during the 8 hour period
- Films will be judged by the Emmy Award-winning Videographer and Film Festival judges
- Winners will be announced at the Film Festival Awards
The views and opinions expressed in the student films are “student speech” and solely those of the original authors and other contributors. While they may not reflect official BISD policy, they must comply with the BISD Acceptable Use Policy and the BISD Student Code of Conduct.
The following teachers are available as a resource for any BISD student who would like assistance concerning the Film Festival. Please email them directly to set up an appointment.