BISD Film Festival
7th Annual BISD Film Festival logo created by Grant Turner, Burleson High School
The Seventh Annual BISD Film Festival will be held virtually on April 1, 2021 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. The Film Submssion deadline has been extended to Thursday, March 25, 2021 for Option 1 films and Wednesday, March 24 for Option 2 films. Please review the information below very carefully.
This is an annual competition open to all BISD students in the following grade level categories: K-2, 3-5, middle school, and high school. Student groups in these grade-level categories may also participate. ALL STUDENT FILMMAKERS must REGISTER to participate in this event at the following link: https://forms.gle/LLnC2GtUzUrjDdGW9. ALL STUDENTS may pursue their own film theme under Option 1. SECONDARY STUDENTS may also focus on their production and editing skills by participating in Option 2.Option 1 – Student Filmmakers Register for this event and select their own theme to address a particular film category (Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation/Claymation, Soundtrack, Music Video, Action/Sports, PSA/Commercial, Costume, Cinematography, Location, Foreign Film). Then, they submit their 2-10* minute film using the Film Festival Submission Form found at the following link no later than 11:59:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 25, 2021: https://forms.gle/1x8GF5oQb16YKxyLA. *PSAs and Commercials may be 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length.
Option 2 – Post-production story producer and editor.
- Student Producers/Editors Register at the BISD Film Festival website
- Student Producers/Editors receive links to the watermarked finished footage series on Thursday, March 11, 2021
- During pre-production, from March 11, 2021 to March 23, 2021, Student Producers/Editors will draft the story concept based on the provided footage so that they are ready to edit during the 8 hour period
- During the proctored period, Student Producers/Editors will have the opportunity to help shape the story and tone via voiceover and music because the series will have no dialogue
- Student Producers/Editors have an 8 hour period (8:45 am to 5 pm) to sort through the footage and edit it into a 5-20 minute film during a protored session on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, and must submit their film using the Film Festival Submission Form at the following link no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 24th: https://forms.gle/1x8GF5oQb16YKxyLA
- Films will be judged by Hollywood producers, Emmy Award-winning Videographers, and Collegiate and Secondary Teachers
- Winners will be announced at the Film Festival Awards Ceremony on April 1, 2021
Viewer's Choice - The Viewer's Choice category is a fun competition that allows students to vote for all of their favorite films and to acknowledge their work and the work of their peers. The voting form may be found among the competition links in the next colum on this page. The form will be open from 6:30 p.m. on Friday, March 26 until 10 p.m. on Sunday, March 28, 2021. We encourage students to invite their familes and friends to vote as well!
PLEASE NOTE: Only films submitted using the Film Festival Submission Form found at the following link will be judged in this year's Film Festival competition: https://forms.gle/1x8GF5oQb16YKxyLA. Also, the views and opinions expressed in the student films are “student speech” and solely those of the original authors and other contributors. While they may not reflect official BISD policy, they must comply with the BISD Acceptable Use Policy and the BISD Student Code of Conduct. In addition, student production and filmmaking must comply with all BISD policies, as well as all local, state, and federal laws.
The following teachers are available as a resource for any BISD student who would like assistance concerning the Film Festival competition. Please email them directly to set up an appointment.
Mrs. Krassimira Hansard at Burleson High School: email@example.com
Mr. Jesse Vieira at Centennial High School: firstname.lastname@example.org