Qualifications of Board Candidates
A qualified candidate shall be defined as a person who is:
- a registered voter in the Burleson Independent School District.
- a resident in the Burleson Independent School District for six (6) months and a resident of the State of Texas for twelve (12) months prior to the filing deadline for election.
- a United States citizen and 18 years of age (or older) on the first day of the term to be filled at the election.
- a person who meets all other requirements as provided by law stated in Texas Election Laws: Election Code: Subchapter A: Eligibility Requirements for Public Office: Section 141.001.
The District Office Manager serves as the Elections Administrator for the Burleson ISD, and is responsible for conducting all school district elections.
District Office Manager Contact Information:
Mary Ellen Burch
District Office Manager/Elections Administrator
1160 SW Wilshire Blvd.
Burleson, TX 76028
817.245.1000 or 817.245.1022
Election DocumentsMay 2021
2021 Notice of Election Deadline to File for Place on Ballot
2021 Candidate Information
2021 Election Cancellation
2021 Certification of Unopposed Candidates
2021 Order of Cancellation
2021 Resolution With City of Burleson - English
2021 Resolution With City of Burleson - Spanish
2021 Resolution With City of Burleson - Vietnamese
2021 Order of Cancellation
Polling PlacesAll voting by personal appearance will be conducted at:Burleson City Hall – Council Chambers141 W. Renfro, Burleson, TXEarly Voting Dates: April 19 – April 23 (8am – 5pm)Weekend Early Voting Date: April 24 (8am – 3pm)Early Voting Extended Hours: April 26 – April 27 (7am – 7pm)April 20, 2021Last day to receive application for mail ballot by mailApril 23, 20218 day Report due for non-modified filing candidateMay 1, 2021, Election DayPolls open 7am – 7pmBurleson City Hall- Council Chambers141 W. Renfro Burleson, TX 76028817-426-9665
Voting ResourcesFor an application for voting by mail ballot:Contact City Secretary’s Office for further information: 817-426-9665, 817-426-9662 or email@example.comApril 1, 2021Last day for voter to register to be eligible to vote in May 2021 General ElectionRegistration must be submitted to either the Johnson County Election Administrator or the Tarrant County Election Administrator depending on the county of the resident.Johnson County Election Administrator: Phone 817-556-6197 or www.johnsoncountyelections.comTarrant County Election Administrator: Phone 817-831-8683 or www.tarrantcounty.com/
elections30 day Report due for non-modified filing candidate
- Secretary of State Voting Resource Site
- Voter Registration Information (Texas Secretary of State Office)
- City of Burleson Elections
- Johnson County Elections (817.556.6197)
- Tarrant County Elections (817.831.8683)
- May 1, 2021: Trustee Places 5, 6, & 7
Filing for a place on the ballot will be held January 13, 2021, to February 12, 2021
- May 7, 2022: Trustee Places 1 & 2
Filing for a place on the ballot typically occurs mid-January through mid-February
Shawn Minor 2019-2022
Michael Ancy 2019-2022
Ryan Richardson 2020-2023
Andy Pickens 2020-2023
Staci Eisner 2018-2021
Jerri McNair 2018-2021
Pat Worrell 2018-2021
Burleson ISD is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act. If you would like additional assistance or have accessibility concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-245-1000. We are always striving to improve the accessibility standards of our website.