The Academy of Leadership & Technology at Mound Elementary Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Parents may use our Front drive-through and Horseshoe area for drop-off. Single lane traffic will be formed to drop off your child. (Right lane)
- Single lane traffic will be formed in both designated areas for drop off.
- Students should be prepared to quickly unload on the right side of the vehicle.
- Once student(s) have unloaded from the car, proceed to the correct lane to turn left or right from the exit area.
- As students exit their car, they will be expected to keep social distance when walking toward the building entry.
- Students will proceed to either the cafeteria for breakfast or their classroom.
- Please do NOT drop students off in the road in the front or side of the building.
- Transportation changes must be made before 2:00 pm.
- Early dismissal student check out ends at 2:45 pm. (must have photo ID and be on student’s Skyward account)
- PreK, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and Siblings will be picked up in the FRONT drive-through.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade will be picked up in the HORSESHOE drive-through.
- Please use the appropriate drive-through area at dismissal time.
- Two lanes of traffic will be formed.
- Post your family dismissal card on your visor, or from the rearview mirror.
- Staff will load cars in groups and then those cars will exit until all cars have passed through the loading zone. Students will NOT load while traffic is moving to ensure safety for all.
- There is NO PARKING in the drive-through lanes during dismissal. Stay in your vehicle and keep your car in park until signaled to pull forward.
Student Walkers/Bike Riders at Dismissal Time:
- A staff member will take this group of students outside at dismissal time.
- Students will be crossed at the crosswalk at the intersection of Tarrant St. and Thomas St.
- There will be no “Parent Walk-Up” at the front door. If you choose to assist in walking your child(ren) home, please meet them once they have been crossed through the intersection at Tarrant St. and Thomas St. This is not designated as a car pick up location. Staff members will not wait here with your child. If driving in a car we ask that you use the designated pick up lanes.
We value your cooperation and patience as we follow traffic procedures. Please follow the directions of staff members. Remember, your children are our most valuable resource, and we will do everything necessary to ensure their safety.