- Norwood Elementary
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- The drive out front is for drop off. There will be adults and student leaders there to help unload cars and ensure students get in the building.
- If you need to park the car or unload in a unique manner, we ask that you use the side parking lot so as not to hold up the drop off line.
- Doors are open and monitored beginning at 7:15am.
- Students may eat breakfast up to 7:35. After 7:35, students needing a breakfast will get a sack breakfast to eat quickly.
Arrival Procedures: Students are tardy at 7:45am. Please arrive in time for students to walk in the building without being tardy. If you arrive after 7:45, you must walk your student into the front office and sign them into the building. For safety, no parents are allowed in the main building during this time.
Dismissal Procedures: All students are released from the gym for dismissal starting at 3:05. For safety, no parents are allowed in the main building during this time.
Drive Up Pick Up:
- The drive out front is for drive up pick up. There will be adults monitoring students and ensuring safety.
- PLACE THE GREEN NAME PLACARD IN THE FRONT WINDOW.
- We have adults that call names from the placard in the window.
- We will not be able to load a car if the placard is missing. You will be asked to park and come inside the building to the office with a valid ID and receive a temporary placard.
- We will try to load 5 cars at a time (5 cars pull up, and all 5 cars leave at the same time).
For this to be possible, we will have a stop sign system. A teacher will hold a stop sign while cars are being loaded. Once all 5 cars are loaded the teacher will show a green sign and 5 more will pull up to the front spots. This will allow students to be ready to be loaded when the cars pull up.
Walk Up Pick Up:
- For those wishing to park and walk up to get your children, please park in the side parking lot.
- The walk up line will form on the left side (if you are facing the building under the awning). There will be an adult that will call child's name from the green placard.
- If you do not have a green placard, you will need to come in with a valid ID to the front office to receive a temporary placard.
If you have any questions, please call the school at 817-245-3400 and we will be happy to assist you.