- Hughes Middle School
Return to Headlines
HMS Arrival and Dismissal
- Morning Procedures
- 7:45 AM: Side entrances will be open to students. Buses on Westside (Tennis court side) Cars on Eastside (Tree Line/Cafeteria side)
- Students will need to report to their 1st period classroom when they enter the building.
- If students are wanting breakfast:
- Students will report to the cafeteria to get breakfast and eat in the cafeteria. Once finished with breakfast, they will report to their first period class.
- If students are needing tutorials:
- Tutorials will be offered in the library. Students in the library for tutorials will be required to be working on school work.
- 8:15 AM: Tardy bell rings for first period. All students entering after this time will need to have a pass from tardy station.
- Parent Drop Off
- Parents will enter the campus from Murphy Drive and travel towards Thomas drive on the East End of campus.
- Doors will unlock at 7:45AM.
- Bus/Before School Bus Drop Off
- Buses will begin unloading at 7:45AM from the West End parking lot when the West End entrance unlocks.
- Bike Arrival and Placement
- Bike racks are located on the West End by the bus lane. Once on campus bikes need to walked to the bike rack. Once bike riders secure their bikes, students will enter HMS at the West End entrance. All bicycles should be locked as the school assumes no responsibility for loss or damage. Due to safety concerns, bicycles and skateboards may not be used on school property. Walk with them until off campus property.
- Walker Arrival
- Walkers may use the East End and West End HMS entrances beginning at 7:45AM.
- Bus Riders
- At 3:40 teachers will display the dismissal sheet for their 7th period classes. When students' buses arrives, the bus numbers will be placed on the sheet at that time. When a students' bus number pops up, the students will go directly to their bus which is located outside doors by the competition gym.
- Please go directly to the bus because buses will leave as soon as they are loaded.
- At 3:52pm all remaining bus riders will be released from their 7th period class to go to the bus area.
- Parent Pick-Up
- Parents will enter the campus from Murphy Drive and travel towards Thomas drive on the East End of campus. Parents will split into two lines. We will come out to scan a barcode that will be given to your student on the first day of school during their 7th period class. (You should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your students ID number for the first day pick up. Please have this number ready when you show up in the car line on the first day. After you receive your barcode from your student, we recommend taping it to your windshield. However you present is fine but please have it ready to scan each day.)
- At 3:40 teachers will display the dismissal sheet for their 7th period class. Students' names will be scanned in order as parents arrive. When announcement goes off to release car riders to the car line pickup area, students whose names are on the spreadsheet will begin lining up at the car line pickup door. At 3:45 when the bell rings for dismissal, students will go outside and wait under the awning for their parents to pull forward. When the students' cars are up at the curb, they will be released to go get in their cars once all cars are brought to a complete stop. No students should leave the curb until they have been directed to do so by an adult for safety purposes.
- Walkers and Bike Riders
- Walkers and bike riders will be dismissed first and need to immediately exit the building and head off campus. Students are not to linger or congregate outside or in the hallways.
If you have any additional questions please call our office at 817-245-0600