Burleson ISD’s standardized dress guidelines are established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevent disruption, and minimize safety risks.
Students must wear clothing that fits appropriately:
● Shirts must touch the waistband in the front, back, and sides.
● Pants, jeans, shorts/skirts must reach mid-thigh or longer, when fitted at the natural waistline. Should pants/jeans have frays, rips, or tears above mid-thigh, leggings must be worn underneath. Leggings/yoga pants may only be worn (other than under pants/jeans) if a shirt/dress that reaches to mid-thigh is also worn.
● Shoes appropriate for outdoor and indoor activities.
Students may not wear:
● Accessories that could pose a risk of danger to others;
● Items with provocative, offensive, violent, or drug-related pictures or slogans as well as those advertising alcoholic beverages or tobacco products;
● Pajamas or slippers; or
● Swimsuits (unless required as part of a school activity).
Please note: all building administrative decisions regarding student dress are final. Students who disregard the dress code will be subject to disciplinary interventions. Clothing approved under previous standardized dress guidelines remains appropriate for school wear.