Sports Information Program Announcement
The Burleson ISD Athletics Department is excited to announce the launch of its Sports Information program for all BISD high school students. The BISD Sports Information program is designed for students to gain real-world experience in photography, videography, writing, and graphic design for Burleson High School and Centennial High School sports.
Goals for the program include:
- At least one sports information student for each varsity sport at each high school.
- Increased multi-media coverage for all BISD sports.
- A pathway for high school students to college sports information positions.
- An increase in student participation in the BISD Athletic program.
- Partner to enhance current high school journalism and audio visual programs/classes.
- Partner with local college and professional teams and events for student internships.
The BISD Sports Information program will be led by Coach Jessica Tyler who will serve dual roles as Coordinator of BISD Sports Information as well as Head Volleyball Coach at Centennial High School.
Students do not have to be athletes to participate. In fact, we are seeking students who may not currently play but love sports and want to be part of the team. Come be a part of the team!
How to Apply
Students must submit an application by May 28 via this link: https://forms.gle/
Selected candidates will interview with the BISD Sports Information program coordinator and the head coach of the sport the student is interested in covering. Training will start in late July and will continue throughout the school year.
Students selected will travel to each game/meet with the varsity team and will receive BISD Sports Information team gear. Students selected will not have to attend every practice.
Students selected will be subject to the BISD Student Code of Conduct, BISD Athletics Policy, each sport head coach’s sport rules and BISD’s random drug test policy.
For consideration, please apply via this link https://forms.gle/
UwUjtfr5vDVCj2hp9 by May 28.
For questions, please email Athletics@bisdmail.net