Fitness Friday - Challenge 3 : Push Ups - Friday May 22
Fitness Friday EventsGoal: Complete as many repetitions of the current week's exercise within a 2 minute period
- Each week on Friday at 6:30 p.m., BISD will live stream Sgt. Major Burton performing the Challenge exercise for that week. He will demonstrate it first, and then set the timer to begin the official 2 minute count of repetitions.
- Challenge 1, Friday May 8: Burpees
- Challenge 2, Friday May 15: Situps
- Challenge 3: Friday, May 22: Pushups
- Each student participant will video him/herself on their phone or device performing as many repetitions of the same exercise as they can within a 2 minute period, and send a copy of the recording to the Academic Innovation email: email@example.com. Recordings must be received by Saturday evening at 6:30 p.m., and the student who performs the most reps of the Challenge Exercise for that week will be recognized on social media on the following Monday.
- The student who has a total of the most Burpees, Situps, and Pushups at the end of the Challenge will be recognized online through social media and will receive the prize for his/her age group. (Participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement from BISD.)
- Prize categories are as follows:
- K-2: Take a Marine to school (Sgt. Major Burton will join the winner for the first day of school this Fall and the student will receive a goody bag)
- 3-5: Take a Marine to School (Sgt. Major Burton will join the winner for the first day of school and the student will receive a goody bag)
- 6-8: Student game with the Marines (Fortnite, Rocket League or Minecraft) and student will receive a goody bag
- HS: Sgt. Major Burton will bring one of the Marine vehicles to the student's campus and student will receive a goody bag