BISD IGNITE is Burleson ISD’s student speaker series. The goal of this event is to encourage students to engage in innovative thinking and inspire transformation through the ideas and solutions they share. This year’s event will take place on Thursday, October 15, 2020 from. This event will be moved to an online event this year with more details coming soon.
The theme of the speaker series is “IGNITE your passion and share.” This theme is broad and encompasses many subjects to allow students to speak on local, national or international topics, that may include social issues, education, technology, science, medicine, or any other subject a student is passionate about.
- Students speak for 5 minutes, from memory, about a topic of interest to them, a problem they want to solve, or a solution to a problem that no one has solved
- Their speech is accompanied by 20 slides that advance automatically
- Nonverbal Skills: Eye contact, body language & poise
- Verbal Skills: Enthusiasm & elocution
- Content: Subject knowledge, organization & mechanics
- Must be BISD student in grades K-12
- Must present during the annual October IGNITE event
- Students complete the BISD IGNITE registration form at this LINK: https://forms.gle/gv1uDYpm22wJ58if7
If you would like to participate in this year’s BISD IGNITE event, please complete the form at the link above so we may gauge the number of attendees. If you have questions, plase email: email@example.com. Thank you!