Burleson ISD wants parents, students and staff to know that safety is always our first priority.
We continuously review and reinforce all safety procedures on and around our campuses, to keep our students and staff safe each day. The following are examples of how BISD works to make safety a top priority:
- BISD conducts districtwide safety audits of all facilities and earned the Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC) School Safety Certification for its safety and security practices.
- All BISD campuses conduct regular safety drills, including fire, lockout or lockdown, evacuations and shelter in place. Campuses also continuously update Emergency Operation Plans and protocol.
- The Burleson Police Department partners with BISD to provide School Resource Officers at all secondary campuses.
- All BISD campuses have controlled access and vestibules, and require visitors to scan their identification into the Raptor Visitor Management System before being allowed on campus.
- Burleson ISD facilitates safety and security committee meetings to review and update security practices and the district emergency operations plan. Agencies working together to form the Safety and Security Committee include:
Burleson Police Department
Burleson Fire Department,
Burleson Fire Marshal,
Johnson County Emergency Management,
Johnson County Sheriff’s Office
and other local agencies.
Burleson ISD maintains a close working relationship and open lines of communication with local first responders.
The district’s Safety and Security team works with local agencies to identify and apply any lessons learned from local and national incidents and catastrophes, to continuously improve procedures as best practices are refined and modified.
Students, administrators, faculty and staff, are also encouraged to be aware of surroundings and immediately report any safety concern, including prohibited items, safety-related rumors, threatening online activity and/or suspicious behavior observed in everyday conversation or on social media.
The safety of our students and staff, and the security of our campuses is an ongoing process. We are committed to providing a safe school environment and will continue to review and reinforce safety procedures and protocol on and around our campuses.