Observation requests (not connected with formal student teaching)
Alternative Certifications candidates (i.e., Region XI program, ECAP program, ACT, Texas Teachers) or current college or university students requiring classroom observation hours must complete the following steps in requesting permission in Burleson ISD.
- Complete the Observation Request Registration form
- Complete the Confidentiality Statement
- Complete the Criminal History Authorization form
- Complete the DPS CCH Verification form
- Bring the required documentation to BISD Human Resources:
- Picture ID
- $2.00 to cover the cost of the background check
- Completed Observation Request Registration form
- Completed Confidentiality Statement
- Completed Criminal History Authorization forms
- Acceptance letter from an alternative certification program describing the observation request requirement of the program or
- The course syllabus describing required observation hours
An observation clearance letter will be given to you once the approval has been granted.
HR process must be completed prior to contacting a campus.
- Candidates are then able to contact the individual campus to schedule an observation time.
- A picture ID and the observation clearance letter must be shown to the campus upon reporting for observation.
Campus Principals reserve the right to limit the number of observation students permitted on their campus at any given time as well as the days/dates observation will be allowed.
Questions regarding the process can be directed to:
Secretary to Kimberley Cantu
Executive Director of Human Resources Services