ASP Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures
The purpose of the Burleson ISD After School Program (ASP) is to provide students with academic enrichment activities while having fun in a safe and structured environment.
The Burleson ISD After School Program is offered Monday through Friday from the time the school bell rings until 6:00 p.m. and on early release days from 11:45 until 6:00 p.m. The After School Program is not available on school holidays. The BISD calendar will be followed.
ASP staff is employed by the Burleson ISD. Every employee is subject to finger printing. Our staff is also CPR and First Aide certified. ASP staff is trained in basic emergency procedures and follows the Burleson ISD reference tool for handling a crisis. Frequent fire and tornado drills are conducted to ensure the safety of our students. The ASP does not maintain a school nurse or other health professional on staff.
Each campus employs an ASP Director and they are your primary contact. You may email the Director or call your school office for the ASP cell phone number.
Students are required to show respect toward the instructors, other students and school property at all times. If a student refuses to cooperate, the ASP reserves the right to dismiss the student from the program. Love and Logic is endorsed by BISD and will be used to modify students’ behavior.
Safety is our top priority. Parents are required to notify us by 2:00 pm. when their child will not be attending the ASP. Failure to notify the ASP of their child's absence from the program will result in a phone call to locate the child and a No Call Fee of $10. Parents are responsible for informing the ASP staff of any clubs or activities their student(s) will participate in after school outside of the ASP. Students must check-in to the ASP before attending any clubs or activities including working with teachers. It is our top priority to know where your student is at all times while in the ASP.
Early Release Days
· Parents must reserve their child’s spot by registering one week prior to early release day, due to staffing regulations.
· All ASP policies and procedures are applicable.
· Lunch will not be provided. Students will need to bring a lunch and a water bottle or sign up for the cafeteria to provide a lunch.
The ASP staff does not have access to the medications in the nurse’s office. We prefer that the nurse administer medications before 2:45 pm. (if possible) or the parents do so after the student is picked up.
The ASP does not maintain a school nurse or other health professional on staff.
If the student requires a prescription medication such as an inhaler during ASP hours, the parent must provide the ASP with that medication even if the nurse already has it. A medication form with a physician’s signature must be completed and turned in to the ASP office.
The ASP will provide a healthy snack daily. Students may bring an additional healthy snack.
Students may bring their own personal items to the ASP. However, the ASP is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please make sure that each item is labeled with their full name. The trading of toys, cards, etc., will not be permitted. Students may not carry personal cell phones or use personal electronic devices during their time in the ASP. For safety reasons, all students are required to wear appropriate shoes for physical/sport activities.
Withdrawing Your Student
Please notify your campus ASP Director when withdrawing your student from the program.
Enrollment Fee $40 per child. Enrollment fee is non-refundable.
Weekly Pay Plan $40 first child No additional fee for early release days.
$35 each additional child
Monthly Pay Plan $150 first child No additional fee for early release days.
$130 each additional child
Drop in rate $15 daily per child upon availability
Early Release Day Students who are enrolled in the after school program on a drop in basis will be charged $25 per day and are accepted upon availability.
Tuition Late Fee $10 daily (Charged per family and not to exceed $50)
Pick up Late Fee $10 at 6:01 p.m. plus $2 per minute until child is picked up.
No Call Fee $10 is charged when a parent fails to notify the ASP of their child’s absence from the program.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- No refunds or discounts will be given for a student’s absence.
- Parents may choose to pay weekly or monthly at the time of enrollment and it may not be changed after enrollment begins.
- Payments should be made to the campus ASP Director during the hours of 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Cash payments are not accepted.
- Acceptable methods of payments are check, money order and online through the BISD website. Parents will need to obtain your student’s ID number in person, due to privacy issues, from the campus office in order to pay online. If this is a 4 digit code, please put a zero at the beginning of it so the computer will accept it. Checks should be made payable to your campus ASP.
- The weekly payments are due in advance (Friday) and are considered late on Monday after 6:00 pm. A late fee of $10 will be charged to your account daily beginning at 6 pm on Monday.
- Monthly payments are due on the 1st school day of each month by 6:00 pm. If the first day of the month falls on a school holiday or weekend, payments are due on the next scheduled school day. A late fee of $10.00 will be charged to your account daily beginning at 6:00 pm on the 1st school day of the month until payment is made in full.
- The drop in rate of $15 per day must be paid in advance or on the day of drop in. A student enrolled as a drop in will be allowed to attend no more than two days per week. A student attending three or more days per week is considered full time and parents will be charged accordingly.
- Payments that are a week late may be cause for student dismissal from the program.
- If transferring within the BISD, the parent/guardian will be responsible for payment of all ASP tuition/fees owed before enrollment will be accepted to another BISD After School Program campus.
If BISD closes due to inclement weather the ASP will also be closed.
PLEASE PUT THE STRIBLING ASP NUMBER IN YOUR CELL PHONE 817.688.1798
AND KEEP THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your child's day!