BISD Pre-K Family Engagement Plan
2018-2019 Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment
Looking for your home campus? Use the Find My School link and enter your address to discover your campus and feeder schools!
Parents are encouraged to complete registration @ enroll.burlesonisd.net prior to Round-Up.
Who can qualify for Pre-Kindergarten?
Children who are at least four (4) years of age on or before September 1st
AND must meet one of the following criteria:
- Child has Limited English Proficiency – (Language test will be given at registration)
- Child is Economically Disadvantaged – Based on a sliding scale of annual income per household (proof of household income for past 2 months required or a copy of current Food Stamp letter)
- Child is Homeless – (as determined by BISD’s Student Residency Questionnaire)
- Child of an active duty, injured or deceased member of the US military – (DOD/VA documentation required)
- Child who is in or has ever been in the conservatorship of Department of Family and Protective Services- (CPS/court documentation required)
- Child of a Star of Texas Awarded parent
Required Documentation for Registration:
● Birth Certificate (or other proof of identity and age)
● Updated Shot Record
● Picture ID of enrolling parent/guardian
● Student’s Social Security Card (voluntary)
● Proof of Residence (current water or electric bill along with current property tax statement,
lease or rental agreement)
● (Gross) Current Income information (for all wage earners in the household or current letter of
eligibility for food stamps)
● Military service documentation (if applicable)
● Department of Family and Protective Services or Foster Care (documentation indicating when)
What are the hours?
Pre-Kindergarten is a half day program.
7:45am-10:55am & 11:55am-3:05pm
Placement is based on availability and is at the discretion of each campus.