Burleson ISD recruits substitute teachers year round. Substitute teacher online orientation is by invitation only. You must apply online for the 2017-2018 substitute teacher jobs posting to receive an invitation to the substitute online training and assessment. Selected candidates will receive an invitation via email.
How to Become a Substitute Teacher
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching in our district.
- Complete an online substitute teacher application and APPLY for a substitute position.
- If you are not a certified teacher you must complete STEDI’s Online Substitute Teaching training course per Burleson ISD’s policy on substitute teaching. See additional information below.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will receive an invitation by email to a substitute online training session.
- You will be required to take and pass with a 90% on the online substitute training and assessment through BISD. BISD hires substitute teachers year round.
The following documents will be requested at the time of your interview:
- Two forms of identification to complete the I-9
- Official College Transcript or High School Diploma
- Voided check for direct deposit or form from your bank for direct deposit
- Teaching Certification or Sub Diploma through STEDI (assessment – 80% or better)
- Two reference letters (dated within the last two years)
Substitute Teaching Training
If you are not a certified teacher, you will need to register for the online course and take the online training class. The cost of the training is $39.95. You will have access to the training once your fees have been paid.
You must receive 80% or higher on your final STEDI assessment. This training is used as a screening tool for substitute applicants. The course typically takes about 9 hours to complete. You have the ability to start and stop the training if needed.
Certified teachers are not required to take the STEDI online training class but will have to take the online orientation and assessment through the district. Currently enrolled alternative teaching certification program applicants are required to take the online class.
Links and Additional Information